Last updated : 1st January 2023
At Hinfoways we are helping international patients or medical travelers to find surgeons, avail medical opinions and know their options so that they can make informed decisions before traveling abroad for a major medical treatment or surgery.
For us patients come first and hence everything that we do revolves around creating value for the patients. We understand the importance of protecting your and patient’s privacy and hence we are committed to take great care with the information that you share with us.
- Our services require us to know more about you and/or the patient so that we can best meet your and/or the patient’s needs. Hence while accessing our services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information and medical reports that may personally identify you and/or the patient. Further the information and medical reports thus provided by you will be scrutinized by the internal team at Hinfoways before passing it to the surgeons/doctors or hospitals either selected by you or by us (in case you are not able to make a choice).
- When you submit a query or contact form, we collect your name, email address, IP address, browser details, phone number and country so that we can correspond with you. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name, IP address and your email address as provided by you so that we can correspond with you. Your personal data will not only be stored in the website’s database but also with third party applications that we may use to send our newsletters and campaigns.
- Hinfoways may use the information you provide to us through newsletter/blog subscription, to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services.
- We use GDPR compliant third-party applications for our newsletter and campaigns. In these third-party applications, we only store your email address and when providing your name. We may send you emails about our services and other information.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). The website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- We also may automatically collect certain information or data as and when you use our services, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of device/s and web browser/s used to access the services, domain server, referring webpage, geolocation information and other statistics and data/information associated with the interaction between your web browser and/or device and the Website/Portal/Services. These are collectively “Traffic Data”. Some Traffic Data may be Personal Information too. Through tracking tools like cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology we may collect such data.
- We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information that may be described to you at the point of collection of such information or pursuant to your consent.
- We may share your personal information and medical information (including the medical reports and/or scan images) with healthcare providers or hospitals or doctors in order to get your medical opinions and cost estimates. We share such information wherever and whenever it is required. We do not sell such data to third parties.
- We may transfer your information/data to another company or entity in connection with an acquisition or sale or merger or other change of ownership or control by or of Hinfoways (whether partly or fully). If at all any of these events occur then we will make reasonable efforts to bring to your notice before your information becomes subject to a different privacy and security policies and practices.
- We also may need to disclose your and/or patient’s medical and/or personal information or any other information for that matter that we collect about you if we determine in atmost good faith that such disclosure is needed in order to comply with applicable law, rules and regulation, court order or any other legal process, to protect the rights, property or safety of Hinfoways or another party, to enforce the agreement or other agreements with you and to respond to the claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- You understand and agree that any information that you may reveal in any posting, online discussion or forum is intentionally disclosed to the public and in no way it can be considered to be private. We recommend that you carefully exercise your judgment whether to disclose any medical and/or personal information in any public posting (including social media platforms) or in any forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we may not be able to control or predict by any means.
- Our services are not intended for use by children and children are prohibited from using our services. We do not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are our services directed to children. By visiting and/or accessing and/or using and/or submitting information to or through our website or portal or services, you warrant that you are not younger than 13 years of age.
If you have any suggestions to make or have general questions concerning the website or use of the website then drop an email to us.