About Dr. Viresh Mahajan
Dr. Viresh Mahajan is a renowned medical professional with over 25 years of experience in the field of pediatric interventional cardiology. He specializes in diagnosing and treating heart diseases and conditions in infants, children, and adolescents.
Dr. Viresh Mahajan is widely recognized for his exceptional clinical skills, patient-centric approach, and compassionate care in pediatric interventional cardiology. He believes in keeping abreast of the latest advancements in his field and constantly strives to provide the best possible care to his patients. He is also actively involved in various community outreach programs, where he educates people about pediatric heart health and disease prevention.
Currently, Dr. Viresh Mahajan is the Director – Pediatric Cardiac Science at Sarvodaya Hospital, Sec 8, Faridabad, India.
Areas of interest
- Neonatal pediatric cardiac interventions
- Hybrid pediatric cardiac procedures
- Fetal cardiac interventions
- Complex and non-complex congenital heart defects and heart diseases
- Stenting of coarctation
- Non-surgical closure of holes in the heart
- Balloon dilatation of stenosed heart valves and pulmonary arteries
Education and Training
- MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- MD, Paediatrics, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- DNB, Paediatrics, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi
- Director – Paediatric Cardiology – Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad
- Director – Paediatric Cardiology – Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Director – Paediatric Cardiology – Max Healthcare, Saket
- Senior Consultant – Paediatric Cardiology – Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi
- Consultant – Paediatric Cardiology – Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Clinical Research Physician – Paediatric Cardiology – Ranbaxy Lab, Gurugram
- Senior Resident – Paediatric Cardiology – GTB Hospital, New Delhi
Research and PublicationsDr. Viresh Mahajan takes keen interest in deeper research work and advanced treatment procedures. Further, he keeps sharing his insights through publications and columns from time to time.
- Winner of “Young Investigator Award” Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2002
- Winner of “Outstanding Investigate Award” Adult Congenital Heart disease Conference 2007, USA
- Member of National Neonatology Forum
- Member of Delhi Medical Association
- Member of Medical Council of India
- Member of Indian Academy of Paediatrics
- Member of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India