About Dr. D. K. Jhamb
Dr. D.K. Jhamb has over 3 decades of experience in performing complex cardiac procedures. To date he has performed over 50,000 coronary angiograms, 25000 angioplasties and 2000 different device implant procedures (ICDs, Pacemakers, Combo devices, etc.) with state-of-art technology.
Dr. D.K. Jhamb received advanced training in cardiology from the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in Delhi, India. He has held several academic and leadership positions at renowned medical institutions, where he has contributed to the development of cutting-edge treatments and for cardiovascular disease.
As a clinician, Dr. D.K. Jhamb is known for his expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of complex cardiovascular diseases, such as coronary artery disease, heart failure, and arrhythmias. He is committed to providing patient-centered care, and works closely with his patients to develop individualized treatment plans that address their unique needs and concerns.
In addition to his clinical and research work, Dr. D. K. Jhamb is also dedicated to teaching the next generation of cardiologists. He has trained many medical students, residents, and fellows, and is known for his commitment to mentorship and professional development. Overall, Dr. D. K. Jhamb is a highly respected doctor and leader in the field of cardiology, known for his dedication to patient care, research, and education.
Currently, Dr. D. K. Jhamb is the Director and Head of the Department of Interventional Cardiology at Sanar International Hospitals, Delhi NCR, India.
Areas of interest
- Coronary Angiography
- Angioplasty (PTCA) with Stent
- Peripheral Angiography and Angioplasty
- Carotid Angioplasty
- Pacemaker and Device Implantation
- ASD/VSD Device Closure
- Micra Implantation (Small leadless pacemaker in ventricle cavity)
- Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement
- Acute Aortic Dissection
- TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), an advanced minimally invasive technique
Education and Training
- MBBS, MD from MAMC, Delhi University, India
- MD from RML Hospital, Delhi, India
- D.M. (Cardiology) from AIIMS, Delhi, India
- Expert Interview
- Fellowship – San Raffle Hospital, Milan
- CN Centre, AIIMS
- Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi
- ISIC Hospital, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- Paras Hospital, New Delhi
Research and Publications
- Dr. D. K. Jhamb takes keen interest in deeper research work and advanced treatment procedures in the field of interventional cardiology. Further, he keeps sharing his insights through publications and columns from time to time.
- Accomplished more than 50,000 coronary angiograms.
- Performed 25000 angioplasties (PTCA).
- Accomplished more than 2000 different device implant procedures (ICDs, Pacemakers, Combo devices, etc.) with state-of-art technology.
- Specialized in wards and invasive diagnostic and therapeutic interventional Cath Lab work.
- Felicitated with the partnership for support and guidance for the world’s longest-studied stent (DES) by Translumina during an annual scientific session in Chicago, Illinois in November 2018 during American Heart Association Meeting. This had a recommendation by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Inter Associate Member of American College of Cardiology (ACC) for dedication to the highest professional standards of Cardiovascular Care since 2015.
- A guest faculty member of the European Society of Cardiology.
- Awarded for selfless humane service for cardiovascular care by Antara Care Homes.
- Annual Guest Speaker of World Heart Day, 29 September for the last 10 years at Paras Hospital.
- Annual Guest Speaker of GNHDA (Gurugram Nursing Home and Diagnostic Association) for facilitator lectures on Cardiac topics for 3 consecutive years from 2016 to 2018.
- Invited as a speaker and chief guest for NIMA (National Integrated Medical Association), Gurugram.
- Guest faculty speaker for HAPICON, Haryana API Conference in December 2016 and 2018.