About Dr. Anthony Pais
Dr. Anthony Pais is one of the leading breast cancer surgeons in India. He has more than three decades of experience in the field of surgical oncology. He specializes in the surgical management of breast cancer and is known for his expertise in performing oncoplastic breast surgery, which combines the principles of oncology and plastic surgery to achieve optimal cosmetic results following breast cancer surgery.
Dr. Anthony Pais has trained and practiced extensively in surgical oncology across several reputed Institutes across the country. He is known for his compassionate and patient-centered approach to care and is committed to providing the highest level of surgical expertise and support to breast cancer patients.
Currently, Dr. Anthony Pais is a Senior Consultant – Oncoplastic Breast Surgery at Cytecare Cancer Hospitals in India.
Areas of interest
- Breast cancer treatment
- Scarless breast surgery
- Breast conservative Surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Reduction and augmentation mammoplasty
Education and Training
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Institutes
- MS (General Surgery) – Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Institutes
- FICS (Surgical Oncology) – International College of Surgeons, Washington DC, USA
- Undergone special training in Breast Ultrasound and Interpreting Mammograms in Japan and the USA.
- Trained under the world-renowned breast radiologist and surgeon, Prof Lazlo Tabar from the US.
- Registrar at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, India
- Professor of Surgery at St John’s Medical College
- Consultant at King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Head of the Department of Surgery at Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Centre
- Faculty at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
Research and Publications
- Dr. Anthony Pais takes keen interest in deeper research work and advanced treatment procedures in the field of oncoplastic breast surgery. Further, he keeps sharing his insights through publications and columns from time to time.
- Best Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon award at the Times Healthcare Achievers Awards 2018
- Awarded Dr Sathyanarayana Setty Memorial Gold Medal
- Dr Mahadevan’s Award by the Association of Surgeons of India
- Member of Breast Surgery International, Switzerland
- Member of The American Society of Breast Diseases
- Member of International Society of Surgeons